Analytics

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Wk9-A: Blogs, Vlogs, Podcasts & Webinars

 

     Currently, I don't use any blogging, vlogging, podcasting, or webinar services with either of my businesses. Due to an assorted mix of circumstances, I'm not able to devote as much energy to marketing them/myself as I would like. That being said I have some plans for moving forward that I intend to implement once I am graduated and have the time. 

     As a consumer, I am much more likely to purchase products from smaller sellers if I can see a customer's testimony. I feel that having this tangible evidence that the company's offerings are legitimate gives me more confidence in making that purchase or associating with that business.

     I believe in some cases that adding a personal touch to posts is the best option. That being said the main business I run is more of a persona/internet presence than a business so that does sway how my posts are written. I tend to put a personal spin on my announcements, posts, and shares from other businesses as all posts under 'whatwolf' are done by 'mosh' versus by Emilie. The only time I make posts without personal touches is when I am making an official announcement like a pricing guide or a new product launch. 

     The effectiveness of personal touches in posts will vary greatly on content and on the business's audience. I feel like the only businesses that can really utilize this style of outreach are smaller/personal businesses as it feels disingenuous to have 'personal' posts from a corporation or chain name. Often when chain or corporate stores attempt to use a personal outreach style it backfires as even though there is a persona behind the social media accounts, the thoughts posted aren't necessarily 'personal thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment