Analytics

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Wk4-B: Defining MY target markets


    

     Defining your target market is an important step in beginning to market yourself. Knowing your target market will make defining audiences for ad campaigns much simpler and allow you a higher chance of reaching people that will find an interest in your business versus not limiting your market and allowing your advertisement to run too broadly could result in a waste of funds with little to no return. 

     For Whatwolf I have two target markets to define, one for the freelancing end and one for the streaming/gaming end. For the freelancing end, I have a few options as far as market choice goes, I can swing broad with my watercolor and acrylic illustrations and attempt to reach people 18-65+ with an interest in nature, art, and home decor or I could choose a niche within my art style and choose, say, people 18-35+ with an interest in art, animals, and commission work to find people within certain art communities online. On the streaming end I tend to aim for a limited audience, people 18-30+ with an interest in simulation, roleplaying, and occasional variety games and with the added rise in 'VTubers' I could utilize that to my advantage as I have been using a streaming avatar for over a year. 

     For Power Gamers D&D I have fewer options as far as my target market goes as it is a much more niche subject. For the most part I would say the audience we are aiming for varies slightly between the two campaigns, for the Legends of Lyria campaign I would go for people 18-35+ with an interest in horror, adventure, and storytelling and for our Auror Academy I would look for people 18-35+ with an interest in Harry Potter, magic, and storytelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment