Analytics

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Wk17: Wrapping It Up

      I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed this class despite the hiccups I had with my personal life affecting how and when I was able to complete the lessons. Claudia was a fantastic teacher and made the lessons very easily understood and workable. I doubt I would have learned as much or succeeded as I did with another teacher. The lessons were well thought out and written and each had a specific purpose in the class to help us create and build new skills as we move forward in our social media usage. 

     My use of social media has changed quite a bit over the semester. I am much more aware of when and how I publish my posts and ensure that my Instagram posts have included hashtags to expand my audience. I feel a lot more confident running my businesses now than I did before as I only had personal use knowledge of social media which is quite different. 

     I have seen a lot of growth on my Whatwolf pages through this class, less so on Power Gamers though that is understandable as it was not my main content focus. I'm seeing around 2-3x the amount of engagement, especially on Instagram, and it makes me very hopeful moving forward that I can continue this trend of spreading my art through the world. 

     That being said, I do intend to focus my eye a little more on Power Gamers to help push that forward. I have been having issues with our Twitch chatbot as it is supposed to run certain commands on a timer, two of which have our social media links included. Once I figure out that issue or swap to a different bot, which seems like the better choice, I'm hoping that the social media links through our Twitch, especially during our Among Us Mondays, we will begin seeing growth there as well.

     All in all, I can't say enough how much I gained from this class. I was always very unsure and uneasy about being a 'social media manager' for my projects as I had no experience outside of personal use but I'm now feeling a bit more confident in my position. I'm very excited to continue my learning of how Social Media works and can benefit me as I watch my businesses grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment