Analytics

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Wk11: Marketing with Twitter, LinkedIn, Social Influencers


     For this post, we will be focusing on Whatwolf. My personal Twitter transformed into my public persona Twitter when I decided to connect my various 'brands' across sites with my art freelancing. I don't use Twitter as often as other people, I feel, it tends to be a little overwhelming to me but most Twitch streamers I interact with use it extensively. Due to this, my Twitter goes into periods of inactivity when I'm not actively streaming or otherwise putting on my persona. 

     That being said when I do use Twitter I find that it meets a range of needs for me. I had my previous streaming program set up to automatically tweet out a link to my stream when I would go live with a message I could customize. I would also use it to interact with other streamers or my audience through my 'mosh' persona. I've found that Twitter did a lot to help grow my community and channel towards the beginning of my streaming career. 

     I don't use Linked In for Whatwolf, I haven't looked into it as a viable option for Whatwolf though I do have one for my own personal job history and searching. I tried to keep my Whatwolf things separated from my real identity for a really long time as I began a lot of the work on it as a minor and worried about personal safety. It feels weird to me to lay claim to my personal endeavors in a more 'professional' manner after keeping them apart for so long.

     With regards to Social Influencers, I do believe that they could boost Whatwolf quite heavily. I'm currently working with a friend and her small business to make physical merchandise for Whatwolf and Power Gamers. Once they are completed I plan to place a small order of each product to reach out to other streamers I know to see if they would be interested in advertising my product in exchange for me advertising theirs. It's a long shot but it could open some good conversations.

     In the end, however, I think it would do more for mosh/me to be an influencer in some capacity. I already have two partnership deals with local distilleries Henebery and Misadventure to have what we will call 'Industry' streams where I sit and talk to the owners about the companies, what they do for the community, and more while having a drink with them and playing games with the community like Jackbox. I hope to raise more awareness for community issues and other small businesses to help get their name out and thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment