Analytics

Friday, April 16, 2021

Wk7A: Get Visual with Instagram


     The internet is chock full of a number of social media platforms and ways to engage with your audiences. With proper utilization of each platform tailored to your business and an eye for your analytics, you can help create a pattern of steady and consistent growth for your company. With various ways to connect and cross-post content from one site to another, it's no wonder that you can get good results using the platforms correctly. 

     For my own businesses, I use a lot of the same social media platforms to try and find my audiences with some exceptions. With Whatwolf I utilize Twitch, Discord, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter while for Power Gamers I use Twitch, Discord, Facebook, and Twitter. As Power Gamers doesn't have visuals focused content base at the moment I will be focusing just on Whatwolf for this assignment. 

     The Instagram I have set up for my Whatwolf projects is whatwolfart. I have been running this as my main art Instagram since Dec 30, 2016, and have made 58 posts in the last 4-5 years and I am up to 78 followers as of this post. I don't post in it nearly as much as I should, in all honesty, but it's because I haven't been creating much. Due to recent circumstances, however, I am looking to be able to keep a steady flow of content hitting my accounts in the near future.

    However, despite not using the platform correctly and having a beginner's understanding at best of hashtags I have grown my audience organically a few times over the years after making a post or two. I am feeling much more confident with the ease of Facebook/Instagram's new post publishing options that I will be able to be much more consistent in posting my work and being able to space it out to create more engagement opportunities for my audience. 

     I try to follow similar business/service provides to myself, and any of my friend's art or craft Instagrams as well. My current follow amount is 39 which I am always looking to increase for more inspiration and artists to support and learn from. Another thing I'm beginning to keep an eye out for is what hashtags other people are using for their posts. As of late I have mostly been posting my character 'Mosh' and a few hashtags I use for her are #manedwolf, #princess, #floatingcrown, and #twitchaffiliate as she is my 'VTube' character for streaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment