Analytics

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Wk3-B: Developing a Brand

 Power Gamers

     The creation of Power Gamers was started largely by a friend of mine, DJ, I was brought on late in the project to help organize things and assist with art/graphics. DJ composed our current logo and I'm currently working with a friend of mine to make an easier-to-use vector logo. Our color scheme is green and purple which was chosen by DJ. While they are difficult colors to combine I do my best to utilize them in a pleasing way. At the moment our marketing material is not as cohesive as I would like but I am working on an overhaul of our logo, graphics, and social media profiles to fit a more singular brand. 

A flaming fist in front of a bark-textured background. Power Gamers surrounds a flaming D20 above the fist.


Whatwolf

     On the other hand, I have my personal brand, Whatwolf. I create almost all of the art, graphics, and products for this brand, and use it as a catch-all for my art and streaming content. I have a logo and a character that I play, complete with webcam overlay, who is a large Maned Wolf named Mosh. I use a specific font that I created for all of my Whatwolf graphics that is actually my handwriting to give it more of a homemade feel. I use this branding consistently over Facebook and Twitch, but I use my Twitter for personal things as well making it is less streamlined to the brand. 

  




     Developing and building a brand is very difficult without prior knowledge or research to back up your actions. Best practices are very important to find and follow to ensure that you are maximizing your use and benefits from various social media sites. Making sure that your brand fits the niche you're looking to inhabit is an important thing to consider when planning and building your project.

     With online-only brands, it is extremely important to utilize the social media use of your audience. Engagement via Facebook or Twitter can help cement your brand and/or character for people and assist in recall when they think of your brand. The camaraderie with other brands that can be achieved via these mediums can also help you push yourself to the forefront as your name flickers across feeds they otherwise may not.

     Overall, building a brand takes a lot of work and study for you to be successful. Keep up on current trends across similar brands on your social media sites to ensure that you are staying relevant and avoiding any current 'hot button' issues. Remaining consistent in your use and graphics can help you propel your brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment